- Claro Individual Image Analysis for automated image enhancement based on each image’s specific requirements
- Consistent image enhancements across a wide range of image types (TIFF, JPEG, DCS-RAW, Photoshop EPS, BMP, etc.)
- File output support for TIFF, JPEG, GIF, PNG, GIF, PNG, EPS, PSD (including original layers, compatibility layer and processed layer)
- Multi-platform availability
- Up to 4 parallel image-processing threads for maximum performance and multi-processor capability
- XML job file support for easy integration into existing workflows
- High level memory management
- User friendly help application and password protection
- Web based user interface for easy remote server control
- Claro Settings Assistant for creating, modifying and personalizing settings in a desktop environment (New in claro 8)
Elpical Claro Premedia provides a complete image processing workflow for printers, publishers and online communication companies that require fast processing of high volumes of images while achieving cost reduction and improved quality.
Through the Claro Individual Image Analysis, Claro Premedia individually analyzes each image for a range of specific parameters and then enhances the image for highest-quality results… even images inside an unflattened PDF.
Claro Premedia also automates other image or photo processing tasks such as intelligent ICC-based DeviceLink conversions or file format conversions.
The Elpical Claro JobClient for InDesign® offers seamless integration of the Claro Premedia workflow into InDesign.
The Claro Inspector for Photoshop® allows side-by-side viewing of original and processed image versions.
The new Claro Settings Assistant offers an easy-to-use desktop environment for creating, modifying and personalising settings.
Claro Premedia is easily integrated in nearly any editorial or production automation system.
- Create unlimited number of hot folder based workflows (channels)
- Routing channels based on image metadata (IPTC, XMP,… ) allows to direct images to a Claro channel, a folder, ftp destination and/or email address
- Claro JobClient for Adobe InDesign seamlessly integrates image optimization in page layout workflow.
- Elpical Claro Inspector for Photoshop®. Integration for optimum side-by-side control of specific images (Mac & PC)
- Support for Photoshop CS2-CS4 on MacOSX and PC
- Embed processing information into XMP
- Professional backup of original and/or processed files
- Runs as a background server process
- Easy XML based integration into existing workflows
- Images inside PDF files can be enhanced, resampled and colour converted
- ICC based colour conversions and profile assignment & embedding
- CMYK-to-CMYK conversions without conversion to LAB
- Save Ink (limit total area coverage)
- Device link profile generation, based on source and destination profile
- DeviceLink channels for CMYK to CMYK conversion
- Influence rendering intent based on out-of-gamut percentage
- Resampling and resizing of images
- Add processing data in the XMP data of the processed file
- Local contrast enhancement of image details with respect for overall image brightness
- Superior control over and dynamic optimisation of sharpness, brightness, saturation, noise, black point/white point, and colour balance
- Recognition and dynamic optimization of natural greens, blues and skin tones
- Reduce JPEG artifacts
- Red eye reduction, based on image analysis and/or exif flash info
- “contrast in luminosity mode” option to isolate contrast manipulation from colour manipulation
- optional brightness curve to preserve contrast by only manipulating the image’s mid-tones