- Checks PDFs for compliance to the PDF/A-1 standard (ISO 19005-1)
- Converts PDF files to PDF/A-1 and implements all necessary corrections
- Supports both PDF/A conformance levels (PDF/A-1b and PDF/A-1a)
- Embeds and/or substitutes missing fonts and handles missing glyphs
- Optimizes all color data for compliance with the PDF/A-1 standard
- Adjusts comments and form fields to the defaults required by the PDF/A-1 standard
- Removes unwanted attributes such as layers or interactive content like movies
- Makes image compression compliant with the PDF/A-1 standard
- Creates PDF/A documents that are web optimized for easier access and viewing
- Brings document metadata in line with PDF/A-1 requirements
- Saves newer PDF versions as PDF 1.4 as specified by PDF/A-1
- Implements adjustments and corrections without loss of information
- Delivers clear reports to document all test and correction procedures
- Improves overall accessibility of PDF/A
- Is available in English, German, French, Italian, Spanish and Japanese language versions
Runs as either a standalone application with all PDF-viewers or a plug-in inside Adobe® Acrobat® 8 Professional or 9 Pro.
Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/7 or Mac OS X 10.4 or newer.
Your professional tool to create ISO standard compliant PDF/A files for long-term archiving.
For businesses and government agencies, archives and libraries, that store and long-term maintain documents, callas pdfaPilot is the professional desktop tool to validate and/or create PDF/A-files.
It turns all kinds of PDFs into ISO 19005-1 conform PDF/A documents:
- PDFs created in Office applications
- interactive forms
- construction drawings
- technical documentation
callas pdfaPilot is an easy-to-use, quick and reliable tool. Users can save non-compliant PDF files as valid PDF/A documents with the touch of a button. callas pdfaPilot uses the same validation technology as the Preflight function licensed by callas software to Adobe® for the Adobe® Acrobat® 9 Pro application.
New in pdfaPilot 3
- PDF/A collections may now contain not just only other PDF/A files but arbitrary file formats like Word- orExcel-files or XML structures. These are new features of the the standard part PDF/A-3 which is going to be published beginning of 2012. pdfaPilot 3 will already support these new features.
- Distributed processing; allows easy load-balancing between multiple pdfaPilot 3 Server instances in high-volume workflows.
- Guaranteed PDF/A conversion; this automatically tries different conversion methods to create the best PDF/A file possible.
- Integration with Microsoft SharePoint.
- Support for running as a Windows service.
- Improved conversion of form fields and annotations, object level metadata in PDF/A-2 and the possibility to remove incompatible signatures when converting to PDF/A-2.
- An Enfocus Switch configurator to fit pdfaPilot 3 Server into a Switch workflow.