- Checks PDFs for compliance to the PDF/A-1 standard (ISO 19005-1)
- Converts PDF files to PDF/A-1 and implements all necessary corrections
- Supports both PDF/A conformance levels (PDF/A-1b and PDF/A-1a)
- Saves newer PDF versions as PDF 1.4 as specified by PDF/A-1
- Extensive HTML reporting options
- Machine-readable XML reports for optimal integration into automated workflows
- Command line interface to enable smooth and flexible integration into broader workflow setups.
- Embeds and/or substitutes missing fonts and handles missing glyphs
- Optimizes all colour data for compliance with the PDF/A-1 standard
- Adjusts comments and form fields to the defaults required by the PDF/A-1 standard
- Removes unwanted attributes such as layers or interactive content like movies
- Makes image compression compliant with the PDF/A-1 standard
- Creates PDF/A documents that are web optimised for easier access and viewing
- Brings document metadata in line with PDF/A-1 requirements
- Implements adjustments and corrections without loss of information
- Delivers clear reports to document all test and correction procedures
- Improves overall accessibility of PDF/A
- Uses IPTC, XMP and other object related metadata and exports them in a configurable XML report
- Automatically embeds your company specific metadata schemas for reliable preservation of metadata inside your PDF/A files
- Is available in English, German, French, Italian, Spanish and Japanese language versionsConverts large volumes of PDF files into truly reliable PDF/A files with a minimum of human intervention.
- Provides hot folder automation controlled through a graphical user interface for easy and immediate operation
- Offers easy and flexible integration through its command-line interface
- Reduces risk of data loss due to not being able to open or display existing documents in the same way in 10, 20 or 100 years from now.
- Saves huge amounts of time by not only analysing, but also correcting and converting existing PDF files to PDF/A within seconds.
- Offers high convenience for the user thanks to its intuitive user interface and setup with the touch of a few buttons.Delivers the broadest and proven quality assurance in converting regular PDF files into reliable PDF/A files. Mainly because it uses the same validation technology that callas also licenses to Adobe® for the Preflight function in its Acrobat® 9 Pro. It also passes widely recognized tests like the Isartor Test Suite.
- Provides the industry’s most extensive analysis and validation of PDF files according to PDF/A (ISO standard 19005-1:2005), that goes clearly beyond standard Preflight checking. Through configurable checks in addition to PDF/A validation, pdfaPilot Server users can enforce documentation and archival policies.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory requirements in terms of long-term archiving.
- Runs as an industrial strength server on Mac or Windows platforms
- Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/7 or Mac OS X 10.4 or newer (Microsoft Office 2007 or newer needs to be installed for conversion of Microsoft Office documents to PDF/A)
- Versions for Linux, Solaris and AIX available as callas pdfaPilot CLI
Your professional server solution to automatically create ISO standard compliant PDF/A files for long-term archiving.
callas pdfaPilot Server is the professional solution to validate and/or create PDF/A-files for businesses and government agencies of all types, as well as archives and libraries, that store and long-term maintain documents.
It turns all kinds of PDFs into ISO 19005-1 conform PDF/A documents: PDFs created in Office applications, interactive forms, invoices, construction drawings, technical documentation, presentations, newspapers, books, etc.
callas pdfaPilot Server automatically saves non-compliant PDF files as valid PDF/A documents. Its powerful hot folder-based operation allows unequalled automation, operation and integration.
New in pdfaPilot Server 3
- PDF/A collections may now contain not just only other PDF/A files but arbitrary file formats like Word, Excel files or XML structures. These are new features of the standard part PDF/A-3. These are new features of the the standard part PDF/A-3. pdfaPilot 3 supports these new features.
- Distributed processing; allows easy load-balancing between multiple pdfaPilot 3 Server instances in high-volume workflows.
- Guaranteed PDF/A conversion; this automatically tries different conversion methods to create the best PDF/A file possible.
- Integration with Microsoft SharePoint.
- Support for running as a Windows service.
- Improved conversion of form fields and annotations, object level metadata in PDF/A-2 and the possibility to remove incompatible signatures when converting to PDF/A-2.
- An Enfocus Switch configurator to fit pdfaPilot 3 Server into a Switch workflow.