tilia Phoenix 6.1.4 Released
tilia Phoenix 6.1.4 is now available. This release comes loaded with new features as well as some important bug fixes.
- Speed! – Phoenix is now faster than ever thanks to new performance enhancements.
- Collection Solved – Two major features have been added to Imposition AI to help dramatically reduce the collection / packing process: Sequential Planning and Strip Nesting.
- Dynamic Cut & Stack – Create optimised cut and stack layouts dynamically without having to create templates.
See below for a complete list of enhancements and bug fixes in 6.1.4.
- New Sequential planning mode designed to greatly simplify collection and packing. When selected in the Plan options in the Imposition AI profile, the Plan tool ensures that products are planned sequentially according to the original order products were added in the job.
- New Strip Nesting algorithm that packs tightly nested strips of products onto the sheet. Adjacent placement of pieces can simplify the collection process. This algorithm is best suited for cases where a handful of shapes are being repeated multiple times on the layout. (TLHD-523)
- Cut and Stack mode is now generally available after adding enhancements to the beta version of this feature, including support for generating layouts dynamically instead of limiting to templates.
- Added option “Use run length of 1 for all layouts” to Plan Options in Imposition AI profile. When enabled, the Plan tool will only create layouts with a run length of 1, i.e. no repeats. This is useful in some digital printing environments where it is easier to process one layout at a time. This option can be used in conjunction with the new Sequential mode to produce single copy layouts in order.
- Added option “Ensure single and double sided products are not mixed” to Plan Options in Imposition AI profile. When enabled, the Plan tool make sure not to place a mixture of singe and double sided products on the same layouts. The Plan tool typically favors layouts like these for cost reduction, but this option creates a hard rule to ensure no mixing occurs.
- Product number ordering now matches “favor ordered placement” for layouts generated using a profile with that option set. (TLHD-487)
- Added the ability to enable or disable specific nesting algorithms within the “Die / Table Cut” strategy in Imposition AI profile, giving you more control over the layout process. New options are Free Nesting, Grid Nesting, and Strip Nesting. In previous versions, Free Nesting and Grid Nesting were always enabled and Strip Nesting did not exist yet.
- Some nice internal performance enhancements in the Plan tool when working with templates, which leads to better and faster results in some cases.
- Now reporting detailed information when no sheets or rolls can be used on all selected presses across all Imposition AI tools.
- Added ability to apply marks to back side of products when creating products using CSV import, REST API, and hot folders. (TLHD-426)
Added new setting in General preferences to autosnap updated artwork when external edits to artwork have been detected. If unchecked, updated artwork will be changed in-place without changing position or rotation of artwork in the product(s). Autosnap was the only behavior before this option was added.
- Added PDFUtils.open() call to hot folder scripting for opening existing PDFs to query their page count and individual page sizes.